Site Review Scores

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Harpers Station - Cinncinati

 Introduction

Site review from my trip reviewing all the Electrify America locations in Ohio.


Business/Location Name

Harpers Station – Cincinnati 

Address

11315 Montgomery Rd. Cincinnati, OH

Network

Electrify America 

Station Details

10 Stations (2 x 350kW/ 8 x 150kW)

Cost

$0.48 per kWh ($0.36 member price)


The Harpers Station – Cincinnati Electrify America station was the 6th stop on my trip exploring charging sites across Ohio.  (This station opened in July 2019).  



Accessibility

This Electrify America site is at a small strip mall.  Harpers Station is 1.1 miles from I-275 at exit 50 and 2.5 miles from the I-71 and I-275 interchange.  From I-275 exit 50, take Montgomery Rd northeast.  Behind the Buffalo Wild Wings are the chargers.  The units themselves are placed in the main parking lot on the far corner from the facilities,in a side-by-side layout with 10 dedicated parking spots.  Some of the spots do allow for pull-through parking.


Amenities

Dining options include: Kawa Sushi, Subway, Korea House, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera Bread, Chili’s

Shopping options include: Fresh Thyme Market, Home Goods, T.J. Maxx

Car-related services (windshield cleaning, air): Shell gas station at nearest intersection.


A car parked in a parking lot

Description automatically generated


Concentration

This Electrify America location offers up 10 charging dispensers.  Based on the usage while I was at this site, it seems like 10 units is the correct number for now.  When I arrived, there was just one other car here, but by the time I left there was only one open unit remaining.  I parked at the end and easily backed the Polestar into a spot for the driver's rear port location.



Location

This site on I-275, near the intersection with I-71, is well placed to support travel to and from Columbus along I-71 and traffic heading west to Indianapolis.


50 Mile Loop:

A map with a green circle

Description automatically generated


150 to 200 Mile Range Estimate:

A map of a large area

Description automatically generated


Speed

Electrify America has chargers that support the fastest speeds available today.  The sites support both 350kW and 150kW stations and are well equipped to handle the current amount of electric cars and those yet to come.  The made in September of 2018 Signet charging units have been supporting most Ohio locations for 5 years already..  (The Polestar 2 was somewhat limiting the charging at this point due to high temperatures.  However,  the ability to maintain 100kW in 100 plus degree weather is very good performance.)  


A close-up of a label

Description automatically generated


A close-up of a car's information

Description automatically generated


Summary

The temperature increased steadily throughout the day.  What had started as a cool and almost foggy first stop turned into a very sunny and hot stop.  After stopping more towards downtown Cincinnati on my previous stop and seeing 6 stations busy, I wondered if 10 units were really needed at this location.  By the time I was leaving, the site was very busy with only 1 or 2 spots open. In planning the trip, my next stop would have been all the way on the east side of the state requiring me to charge up to 90% to make.  I decided to cut this session short, but it was still 22 minutes, and add a quick stop near Columbus to make it all the way across.


A car charging station in a parking lot

Description automatically generated


What I paid for this stop:

Total Cost: $10.79

Total kWh: 30.551

Time: 22 minutes 8 seconds

Average Charge Speed: 83 kW

Cost per kWh: $0.35



A screenshot of a phone

Description automatically generated


A screenshot of a phone

Description automatically generated



Total Score (Max 44)

Score

Accessibility

Amenities

Usability

35

A

5

5

25


Questions/Comments:
DanTheEVMan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Introduction Who am I? I’m an Electric Vehicle (EV) enthusiast from the metro Detroit area and the new owner of possibly the only Kia Niro E...